Wiga Wagaa Chilli Cooking Paste was brought about because people asked whether they can cook with Wiga Wagaa Chilli’s. The sauce and paste are not designed to cook with, but the cooking paste is. Packed full of flavour, spices and extra chilli heat, the cooking paste will withstand being diluted and used for cooking or marinading.
Wiga Wagaa Chilli Chicken Leg (without skin, on the bone)
1.5Kg of chicken leg cut into small pieces
6 teaspoons of Wiga Wagaa chilli cooking paste – mixed with 50ml of water
1) Mix thoroughly the chicken with Wiga Wagaa chilli cooking paste water mix, leave to marinade for at least 2 hours – the longer you leave it to marinade the better
2) Transfer the above mixture into an oven tray or dish.
3) Cook in the oven at 180 degrees for 60 minutes.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve hot.
Wiga Wagaa Chilli Trout (or Mackerel)
1 large whole Trout or Mackerel – gutted and cleaned
6 teaspoons of Wiga Wagaa chilli cooking paste –mixed with 10ml of water (you need a fairly thick paste for this to work well)
1) Smear the Wiga Wagaa chilli cooking paste water mixture all over the trout or mackerel.
2) Place in the foil and wrap the foil round the fish
3) Cook in the oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes
4) Open the foil and expose the fish for a further 10 minutes.
Serve hot with vegetables and pasta.
Wiga Wagaa Chilli Chicken Breast
400g of chicken breast cut into thin slices about 1 inch in length
1 medium size onion cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
6 teaspoons of Wiga Wagaa Chilli Cooking Paste – mixed with 50ml of water
1) Mix the chicken with 20ml of the Wiga Wagaa chilli cooking paste water mix, leave to stand for about 15 minutes
2) Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and fry the onions for about 1 minute
3) Put the chicken in with the onions and fry for 3 minutes, stirring regularly
4) Pour the rest of the Wiga Wagaa Chilli cooking paste water mix into the pan. Stir well.
Simmer gently for 10 minutes or until cooked.
5) If there is not enough juice left at the end, mix 3 teaspoons of Wiga Wagaa Chilli Cooking Paste with 25ml of water and stir in.