I love mushrooms, especially Chestnut & Shitake. Chestnut mushroom has a nutty flavour and taste to it, while Shitake has a chewy rubbery feel to it – that’s a good combination to experience!
Using Wiga Wagaa chilli oil will add kick to this dish!
- 1 punnet of mushrooms – cleaned, washed and cut into fairly large size
- ½ medium size onion – cut into small pieces but not too small
- ¼ each of small red, green and yellow peppers – cut into about 1 inch cubes
- 2 carrots – thinly sliced
- 6 small florets of broccoli
- 4 tablespoons of tinned sweet corn
- 3 spring onions – washed & cut into 1 inch length
- 3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Fresh Coriander – to garnish
- 4 Tablespoons of Wiga Wagaa chilli oil
- Wiga Wagaa chilli paste (optional)
- Heat (low heat) the Wiga Wagaa oil in the Wok until it is warm – do not over heat as this could release the chilli in the Wiga Wagaa oil into the air.
- Add the onions and stir for about 30 seconds, add the spring onions and peppers stir for 1 minute.
- Add the broccoli and carrots, stir for a further minute.
- Turn the heat up at this stage, add the mushrooms and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce and sprinkle a little bit of salt and ground black pepper to taste. Stir for 1 minute, finally add the sweet corn and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Garnish with the coriander.
Try tasting it and if it’s not chilli hot enough for you, add 1 teaspoonful of Wiga Wagaa chilli paste.